Drug Overdose Technical Assistance Core (DOTAC)
The Drug Overdose and Technical Assistance Core (DOTAC) promotes the integration of state and local drug overdose prevention resources, interventions, and capacity building, which is critical for developing effective and organized response efforts on the local, regional, and state levels.
DOTAC supports local health departments, community coalitions, and state and local agencies in their efforts to address substance misuse, abuse, and overdose.
DOTAC staff members collaborate with communities to increase access to local drug-related data results, timely analytical results, and drug overdose prevention resources including controlled substance prescribing data results, drug-related injury and fatality trends, and community-based program development and capacity building.
To submit a data request, click below to send an email request. Please include all pertinent information for the request. Data requests typically take up to two weeks to complete. We will contact you at the email address you provided to confirm we have received your request and with any additional questions.
Get the latest OD2A-related news
From data crunching to policy change to boots-on-the-ground efforts, battling the drug misuse epidemic requires a wide variety of efforts. Learn more about the programs, research, and learning opportunities surrounding OD2A by signing up to receive our quarterly e-letter, KyOD2A Happenings, and our bi-weekly (or thereabouts) Quick News.
- Drug Prevention Tackle Box
- The Drug Overdose Prevention Tackle Box contains two sections. The first outlines how to design an overdose prevention strategy best-suited for a particularly community. The second section includes descriptions of evidence-based and evidence-informed drug overdose prevention programs.
- The Biden administration’s drug policy strategy and lessons from Portugal
- Foreign Policy at Brookings and the Embassy of Portugal hosted a webinar on drug policy reform, trends in the United States and around the world, and lessons from Portugal.
- Community Data Summit: Kentucky Drug Overdose Deaths in 2020
- This data summit examines the patterns and trends in drug overdose deaths in Kentucky in 2020. Specifically, addressing the drug types involved in drug overdose deaths and the age groups that were most impacted. The summit is presented by Meghan Steel and Madison Liford. Click here to watch the video.