Drug Overdose Technical Assistance Core (DOTAC)
The Drug Overdose and Technical Assistance Core (DOTAC) promotes the integration of state and local drug overdose prevention resources, interventions, and capacity building, which is critical for developing effective and organized response efforts on the local, regional, and state levels.
DOTAC supports local health departments, community coalitions, and state and local agencies in their efforts to address substance misuse, abuse, and overdose.
DOTAC staff members collaborate with communities to increase access to local drug-related data results, timely analytical results, and drug overdose prevention resources including controlled substance prescribing data results, drug-related injury and fatality trends, and community-based program development and capacity building.
- Have questions about your drug overdose prevention work?
- Drug Overdose Prevention Tackle Box
- The Drug Overdose Prevention Tackle Box contains two sections. The first outlines how to design an overdose prevention strategy best-suited for a particularly community. The second section includes descriptions of evidence-based and evidence-informed drug overdose prevention programs.
- Annual Report: Kentucky Resident Emergency Department Admissions for Nonfatal Drug Overdoses, 2016–2020
- Annual summary of nonfatal drug overdoses among Kentucky residents identified by emergency department visits at Kentucky hospitals, updated in 2021.
- Understanding ODMAP
- ODMAP is a simple, web-based system that allows local and state public safety and public health organizations to report suspected drug overdose events within their jurisdiction and to track the occurrence and approximate location of those events. This resource helps you get started with ODMAP.
- Kentucky Resident Drug Overdose in 2020--Presentation for the Harm Reduction Summit 2021
- Slides presented at the Kentucky Harm Reduction Summit in August 2021. It includes the most recently available data on fatal and nonfatal drug overdose in Kentucky, covering the age-adjusted mortality rate, demographic statistics, monthly counts, and the annual counts by drug type. All graphics have been approved for public release and can be used in other presentations.
- The Biden administration’s drug policy strategy and lessons from Portugal
- Foreign Policy at Brookings and the Embassy of Portugal hosted a webinar on drug policy reform, trends in the United States and around the world, and lessons from Portugal.
- Community Data Summit: Kentucky Drug Overdose Deaths in 2020
- This data summit examines the patterns and trends in drug overdose deaths in Kentucky in 2020. Specifically, addressing the drug types involved in drug overdose deaths and the age groups that were most impacted. The summit is presented by Meghan Steel and Madison Liford. Click here to watch the video.
To submit a data request, click below to send an email request. Please include all pertinent information for the request. Data requests typically take up to two weeks to complete. We will contact you at the email address you provided to confirm we have received your request and with any additional questions.
Get the latest OD2A-related news
From data crunching to policy change to boots-on-the-ground efforts, battling the drug misuse epidemic requires a wide variety of efforts. Learn more about the programs, research, and learning opportunities surrounding OD2A by signing up to receive our quarterly e-letter, KyOD2A Happenings, and our bi-weekly (or thereabouts) Quick News.